It’s only August and still technically summer although I can already feel myself transitioning into an autumn/winter mindset with darker colours and layering pieces. Thanks to the great British weather, I already feel like summer is over *sigh* – It was fun while it lasted! Here are some pieces that are getting me excited for the months that lie ahead..
1. Topshop print shirt – I need this blue colour in my wardrobe – I don’t think I have anything in this shade but I love it, not to mention the classic polka dot print – so cute! A trip to Topshop ASAP is now on the agenda.
2. Forever 21 gold earrings – £4.61 – I don’t wear earrings often but when I do I like them to make a statement and mismatched pieces in geo shapes definitely do that!
3. ASOS denim jacket – £64 – Denim jackets are great transitional layering pieces and this black washed one is calling my name..
4. Miss Selfridge blazer
– Checked blazers are everywhere right now because they look chic and are so versatile – from smart to casual and day to night, it’s a wardrobe essential.
5. Gucci heel shoes – I am obsessed with these. So much detail on one pair of shoes – I think it’s the pearls around the heel that really draw me in.
Topshop cotton dress – £35 – A little piece of me is still hanging onto cute summer dresses like this one! I love the wrap style and the ruffles that give these dresses a really cute shape when worn.
7. River Island mini handbag
– High street version of a Valentino bag right here! The rock studs and dark red colour make this bag perfect for the upcoming Autumn months. There’s a lovely grey version also available (scroll down..)
8. Stripe panel skirt
– £13 – zaful.com – I love a layered look and it’s sometimes easier to buy pieces that come already layered like this one! The striped peekaboo shirt look is cute and a refreshing change to it usually being under a top garment.
Shop The Look